DSL believes in building sustainable communities that are economically, environmentally, and socially healthy and resilient. We aim / plan to offer integrated solutions to achieve this and focus on critical areas such as Education; Health Care; Livelihood Enhancement & Skill Development; Water & Sanitation; Environment Conservation; and any relevant programs as per the need of communities for long term and sustainable impact.
To build sustainable communities by leveraging resources & network
- Integration of indigenous knowledge & culture
- Promotion of Local economy
- Conservation of Ecology
- Maximization of Community Ownership
The company has put in place the following governance structure to ensure that CSR policy is implemented and monitored effectively.
CSR Causes & Programs
DSL intends to offer integrated solutions for long term and sustainable impact in the field of:
- The company has put in place a Board level CSR committee, which will be responsible for all CSR related decisions in the company.
- A Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) Advisory Committee has been established by the CSR committee to create, guide and review the annual CSR plans, program implementation, monitoring & evaluation and impact assessment, for all running CSR programmes.
DSL may also work for the:
- Integrated community development in backward areas.
- Livelihood enhancement to improve the economic condition of local communities by improving skills, facilitating support network and establishing market linkages.
- Skill Development to provide employable skills to youth, through various capacity building programs.
- Water & Sanitation to address the challenges of water scarcity through watershed development and rainwater harvesting programs and to improve the safe drinking water & sanitation situation in the communities.
- Education to provide better quality of education to the underprivileged in schools and initiate after school learning programs.
- Health care to provide basic health services to people living in remote areas, along with educating them on preventive measures.
- Elderly care to meet the basic requirement of the elderly people.
- The communities, in which it has business footprint. Local, backward and underprivileged communities will be key beneficiaries of the CSR initiatives. Improving their quality of life will be the essential elements of our CSR efforts.
- DSL may contribute in relief work in case of Disaster / natural calamities in the country.
DSL will not contribute any amount directly or indirectly to any political party or religious organization as part of its CSR activities.
DSL may also from time to time invest in the other need based programs as stated in Schedule VII of the Companies Act 2013.
The Dharampal Satyapal Charitable Trust (DSCT) & Dharampal Satyapal Foundation (DSF) are the nodal bodies for identifying, designing and implementing the CSR programs for DSL.
DSCT/DSF will be responsible for ensuring the implementation of the programs directly or through specialized organizations or individuals.
CSR committee will be allotted funds to the tune of at least 2% of the average net profit of company of last three preceding years for the programs mentioned above. Any unspent amount will be carried forward to the next financial year as an additional amount to that year's allocations. Any surplus or income arising out of the CSR programs and projects or activities will not be a part of business profits and will be re- invested in the CSR activities.
The CSR programs will be monitored by the CSR Advisory committee through periodic meetings and field visits. CSR Advisory committee may
- Appoint agencies or consultants for the monitoring purpose.
- Undertake an assessment, as and when needed, in order to evaluate the social impact of its CSR programs on the communities. This will also help DSL to obtain learning, which will increase program efficiency and scalability.
- Appoint various independent agencies to evaluate the impact of the program.
- DSCT & DSF will submit monthly progress /evaluation reports (Project trackers as well as Financials) to CSR advisory committee to review the programs and projects.
Reporting & Communications
DSL will incorporate the details of CSR activities, including physical and financial processes in the Directors report of the company. The CSR spends will also be reflected in the Annual accounts of DSL under the head 'Expenditure under CSR Activities' and will be mentioned in the Director's report.
The company will be communicating its CSR initiatives and efforts to all its employees and external stakeholders through e mailers, website and other appropriate communications channels.